Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wednesday January 27

I had a bad nights sleep last night. My shoulder is painful still and it flared up again so that it wakes me up. I was up and down all night. I have a bit of work piling up and orders to do but I wasn't feeling up to both train and work today.

I went to the gym before class to warm up and stretch out since my legs are extremely tight from the Leg Presses on Monday. It makes a big difference if I do this for an hour before class even though it is a 20 minute drive down there. I am pretty much still warm and ready to go when I arrive.

Today Dan and I worked on Guard Passes and drilled them many times. We went over Posting the leg and passing, then he showed me the one where do a Can-Opener and when they let go of their guard, you scoop your arms under their legs, then clasp your hands over their belly, pull them in to stack them while posting up on your legs and scramble around them, your head will pry their open and you will come around them in guard.

The last part of the class we went over how to wrap my hands for boxing.

I got home and after showering, I went out and laid in the sun for a half hour before getting up to eat. Then I tractioned my neck and ran the massager on my shoulder. I was tired, so I laid down and played on the computer till I got sleepy then took a nap. I woke up and went to the gym to warm up for evening class.

Tonight we worked on Kicks. Dan had us slow down the Cross Kick then switch sides and use the left leg. I was able to start getting my feet planted back in fight stance and then switch from a right kick to a left kick with my feet going back to proper fight stance most every time.

Then we learned How to throw a Right Knee. It was a tough one to learn, but I started to get it down. Then we went on to do a switch step to throw a Left Knee. Pete came in and offered some input, his year old boy was with him.

Class kinda fell apart at that point. Tim & Josh started rolling, Pete and I started talking about his BBing and Muay Thai competitions. Dan and Casey were deep into conversation about doing ab work. At some point I stopped talking to Pete and he went over and started talking to Tim & Josh. I started goofing around with Pete's boy. he was so light so I was trowing him all over the place while he shrieked and giggled. Then we got on the floor and he was running and doing big belly flops on my tummy, it was so cute. I haven't been around a kid in years. We started breaking up and getting ready to leave. Tim said he would come home and work for me tomorrow between classes and that will help me get those 2 orders shipped.

I stopped at the gym and did 20 minutes of foot work and throwing some combo's, then a Delt & Bicep workout.

I pretty much showered, ate supper, then hit the sack.

FOOD

7am..........protein drink

noon........PWO drink

1:30.........6oz beef, banana, 1/4 cup raw nuts

4:30.........4oz salmon, banana

7:30..........PWO drink

9pm.........6oz beef, 8oz potatos, avocado, 2 beers

No comments:

Post a Comment