Friday, January 29, 2010

Thursday January 28

I woke up and did some chores around the house before heading to the gym to loosen up. I only had 20 minutes. I did a lot of squats and toes touches as my legs are extremely tight. That leg work out on Monday really stiffened me up. I was loosened up nicely and headed to The Forge.

Today's MMA class at 11:30 was a striking class with just Casey, Ethan and me. We round robin'd on Dan, throwing punches he called out. Then we went to the bag to work on what ever he told us. Dan had me and Ethan work on throwing punches with Casey as she deflected them. He had me working on Stepping in with a Left Jab and once both feet were in place, throwing a Right Cross on the heavy bag.

I hung around and washed all the mirrors and the front glass, emptied the trash, and then swept. Tim did not show up for class and that meant I did not have a worker today so I blew off doing that order. I went home and rested but only napped 15 minutes.

I went to my gym to stretch for a half hour before class, I got to the Forge early and was able to get a good stretching.

Grappling class started out with me and the new guy Josh who weighed 260 lbs doing a drill where if someone is in mount I shrimp out from under them. I had done this a few times with Dan already. Then he showed us how to buck them up to either great space to shrimp out or get their arms out so you can grab one and pull it in then buck them off to the side since they are unbalanced.

Next we did a drill where if the person is shrimping out from under you when you are in mount, and you see they are at the point that they will get free, spin sideways into a Side Mount.

For wrestling at the end of the class, Dan paired me with Big Josh and I said no, he was too new for me. That kid is big heavy and strong and he uses his weight well and I didn't need that. It would be to easy for him to hurt me, the last thing I want is an injury. So he paired me with Charlie. It was good, he was not a spaz, at first he went easy and was telling me stuff to try, then I started muscling him and we got to going seriously (which I love!) He never went for anything so I think he must have been being nice or unsure since I am a girl and new, but after class he said he couldn't do anything since I was so strong and wouldn't let him move.

Next I rolled with Ethan, it was not a fair fight since I outweighed him by 60 lbs. I was able to take his back and got a rear naked choke on him. At this point Dan saw what was going on and came over to coach me into submitting him with it, which I did. We went again and I went easier, mostly because I was getting tired. I told Ethan to go for a submission if he could but he said we should stop. I was totally gassed out and heaving for breath. It was a great night!

FOOD

9am.........6 oz beef, bannana, 3 oz raw nuts

1:30.........PWO drink

4:30........protein drink

7:30.........PWO drink

10pm.......beef patty w/cheese, thai peanut noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment