Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wednesday January 20

Got the house organized and the shop ready to start on all the orders that need to be processed. Tomorrow is the only day since I have to work on Fri & Sat. I got Tim from the gym to work for me. I'll be curios if he is worth a damn. He seems kind of dim witted but he is young...only 17.

Dan and I drilled and expanded on what we were doing last night in class with the escapes from guard. Then we did dome shrimping off the wall, learned to go more fetal in my shrimp, and did some bridges with the neck to strengthen mine.

I was not tired at all when I got home from class though I made myself rest. I took a supper hot shower for 2o minutes hitting my neck, back and glutes. Then I got naked in the back yard to get some sun and tractioned my neck. That neck injury is gone for now but that was 3 weeks of hell, so hopefully this will keep it at bay. Then I brought out my ice packs and lay on them for 20 minutes before flipping over and tanning my back. I only napped 20 minutes and was up and ready to go.

Evenings MMA class was great.

First we all took turns hitting Anthony from the Mount while he defended himself.

Then we switched and started doing arm sweeps while getting hit, or push offs with our legs.

Next we would stand up and twist out of guard, then push down the legs to avoid kicks or squeeze the knees to keep them from getting a punch in.

I like practicing with Anthony. Tim is not aggressive enough and forgets what to do. I bit the inside of my mouth, even though I had a mouth guard in. It is back by my molars and quite raw.

My paycheck was ready so I swung by Mr Dunn's and picked it up on the way home. I chatted with Pat a bit and her Psoas is doing better and I got down on the walkway and showed her a stretch for it. She is walking like an old lady. I can't believe she could tend to Mr Dunn properly if needed.

I took Truman for a walk when I got home, there were a bunch of folks in front of the gym and we all hung out a bit. Truman loved it. When I got home I did some chores before hitting the shower. I have a ton more energy since I started eating more.

FOOD
3am.........muscle milk & dextrose
6am.........muscle milk
9am.........5oz beef & 6oz banana
noon........PWO shake
3pm.........6oz chicken & 12oz potato
7:30pm...PWO and banana
9:30pm...6oz chicken...6oz potato...6oz green beans

It is tough getting food in based on my practice schedule and my sleep schedule. Waking up at 3am keeps me awake to long.

No comments:

Post a Comment