Monday, January 18, 2010

Time to Focus

After a week of company with CA here, We went and visited his family, they were in Orlando for the week. He cut down a lot of the Australian Pines that had been sprouting up over the summer with his chainsaw for me. Now I have a big chore of loading them up and hauling them to the dump. First I have to do 3 orders that came in last week that are a bit late. Having company made it hard to get anything done, he is a great friend but I can't focus on my work when he is around.

I went to my private grappling lesson this morning. John showed up to practice with me since my instructor Dan's arm is still in a sling. John was late so Dan taught me the arm bar. When John arrived we went over posting an opponents leg up to move to side mount and drilled it 10 times each. Then we drilled 3 arm attacks from side mount.

Today's Grappling Skills:

Arm Bar
Post Leg to Side Mount
Kimaura from Side Mount
Arm Lock from Side Mount
Americana from Side Mount


The house was a mess but I was tired so I took a nap, got up and ate, then rested some more. I got up and cleaned up, ate and got ready for evening class.

Tonights Muay Thai Skills.

Low Kicks,
Push Kicks
Inside Kicks
Alternating Knee Drills
Clinch Swim Drills with Knees


At the end of class we were all just goofing around and Dan said we could do what we wanted. I rolled with Anthony, he is the third best grappler in the school. It didn't take him long to submit me. Mostly I ran out of gas, but him sitting on my chest and throat made it pretty tough to breathe when I was already gassed so I had to tap. The only good thing was he said "damn, you are strong" when it was over.

I am going to try and train 2x a day Monday through Thursday since I work Friday & Saturday. Sunday can be my rest day. No more weight lifting till I adapt. The most I will do is my yoga and stretching since I am so inflexible and prone to injury still and work on my weak areas. My weakest area is gas. I tire quickly anaerobically. I need to do some burpees, but I could over train if I do, so I just need to let it happen with training slow and steady. I over train to often with over enthusiasm.

Monday
10:45 - noon.....grappling
5:30 - 6:30 .....kickboxing

Tuesday
11:30 - 12:30....mixed martial arts
6pm - 7:30.......grappling

Wednesday
10:45 - noon.....grappling
5:30 - 6:30 .....kickboxing

Thursday
11:30 - 12:30....mixed martial arts
6pm - 7:30.......grappling

No comments:

Post a Comment