Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday January 26

After working around the house this morning, I went to the gym an hour before practice this morning. I did 10 minutes on the treadmill then stretched for an hour. It was only supposed to be for 45 minutes but I started talking to this cute guy who was doing abs next to me and time flew. I got to The Forge a few minutes late but it was ok since I was still warm.

It was only me and the new kid Ethan. Dan had us work on our stance. mine is tending to be a little wide and I am on my forward foot a little too much. Dan says I need to put a bit more on my back foot. he had us do a left jab and then a right cross checking out our positioning. I learned to keep my shoulders up and use them to protect my face as a shield when I throw a punch. Next Dan had us work on our right upper cut and left hook combo. All of this we were drilling till we started fatiguing and he wold catch Ethan's punches, then back to me. Last he started moving towards me and I would circle away from him then throw a combo of hooks & upper cuts. it was a great workout and I liked drilling skills that I learned a week or so ago and hadn't practiced for awhile. Last week I was too tired to practice at the gym next to my house but now I am getting use to the workload and can start doing it when I stretch.

When I got home from the gym I called Roxanne about buying her massage table. i thought she was going to say $400-500 and she said $100. I said I would bring her the money on Friday night after I get done work. then i said "oh, you are at Mr D's right now since it is noon" She told me she was at the hospital because she fell and broke her finger. Since she knew I had class tonight she was going to call Laurel and get her to go in early. I told her I would work since that would be enough to pay for the table. So I missed Grappling class tonight, which was a bummer since I get a ton of Drill time in when I am there. Oh well, at least I have practice with Dan in the morning....if he doesn't cancel.

No comments:

Post a Comment