Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rest Days.....Ahhhhhh!

Thursday should have been a training day but I had all that work that had piled up and I decided to forgo training in lieu of things than earn me money. Being on my feet all day on the hard tile floor did not help me recover. I set the timer and drank water every 15 minutes and that made a difference since I was really dry.

Now it is Saturday and I have had 2 and a half days rest and I am getting my old energy back.

Friday was total rest and no active recovery. While at work I was just dragging my ass around and just able to do the bare necessities. i should have gone for a walk and stretched but I was just to lazy.

I went for a 3 mile walk before work this morning, but I did not have time to stretch as well, so I am doing that while at work. My hamstrings & glutes are as tight as can be. I brought all my laundry and next weeks food and I already have most of it prepped and cooked. The last load of laundry is drying now. Mr D went grocery shopping before I arrived so he is wore out and just sleeping all day. I will go for a walk and then to the gym for a light workout then stretch real well after work tonight.

Tim is coming over tomorrow morning to work. I have 2 orders to do and he can help me get them ready to ship Monday morning before . The biggest job I need to do is to get the big work bench set up in the shop so I can finish putting the shop together during the week. He can do some yard work while I go to the gym and a hike out at the preserve since he wants to work 12 hours. Plus there is all the trees and branches in the yard that CA cut down and have to be hauled, so I have plenty of work for him. Marilyn and Cal are coming over in the evening to help me rig up my bike for commuting. I want to start riding more and driving less. They have generator style bike lights they do not use anymore. Cal said he could put it on my bike but I don't think the wheels they have with the hub are the same size as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment