Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Monday February 1

Horrible nights sleep due to my neck. I finally was pain free last week after 6 weeks of chronic pain and now it happened again. Lots of hot showers, ice, traction and massager. I probably should get some ibuprofen if I decide not to go to the Doctor.

Met Dan at 10:45 ate the Forge. We went over Guard Passes.

One was pushing the leg down and laying heavy with upper body as I pass my hips diagonally threw by leading with the opposite hip first.

We did another one but I forgot is already, I'll post it if my memory comes back.

Next we did a move where I put my head on the floor and trap their head and arm with it then clasp my hands behind their head and squeeze.

We were doing something else and the muscle that is in a spasm from my neck injury flared up when Dan rolled on top of me and I screamed out in pain. I got him to dig his elbow into the area and it released. This is a bummer since it didn't effect my training before, I was always able to keep moving and it only really hurt when I sat still.

I got home and went through my anti-inflammation ritual for it then rested before going to UPS on the way to my evening class.

For my evening class we started out doing kicks. I am finally able to get my feet back to the fight stance right away, and throw one again without losing my balance most every time. We did about 4 rounds of 10 on each leg. Then Pete showed up and we went over escaping the clinch. I drilled everything with Elaina since she is so petite and can't hurt my neck. It was the first time she concentrated on her drills but I kept threatening to spank her or throw her down if she didn't concentrate. She is a little cutie but quite spoiled.

If your opponent has double hands behind your head, bring arm to his opposite shoulder and wedge it in and put the forearm on the chest and push off.

If your opponent has double hands behind your head, bring arm down to his opposite hip, the other hand will go on the the upper back towards the spine, now step the leg on that side around to the back and spin them around and drive them into a wall or other immovable object.

Same maneuver can be done but now place opposite foot on their ankle in a sweeping or kicking motion depending on how brutal you want to be and kick that foot out from under themas you spin them with your arms and scramble into side mount as they fall.

I grabbed some rum at the store on the way home to help deaden the pain and was asleep by 11pm and up at 4:30, so that was a better night sleep than I have been getting and I woke up refreshed, but the pain is what woke me up.

FOOD

9am.........6 oz chicken, banana

12:30.......PWO drink4:30........protein drink

3am.........6 oz beef, 1 cup raw nuts and rasins

9:30.........4oz beef, 8oz rum and coke

No comments:

Post a Comment